Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By theNovice Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:16 pm
What's up guys hope everyone is having a good day.

I recently upgraded from a 2010 MacBook to a new 2016 MacBook Pro and I don't know why but I'm have a rough time with the drivers. (I think)

I installed the MPC software and drivers and restarted my computer and I can load up the program and hit the pads and record sequences etc but the option to choose the "MPC Ren (Core Audio)" as your audio interface is not present like it was in my old laptop.

Is this possibly due to the ports on the new MacBook being usb-c/thunderbolt 3? But it didn't have trouble recognizing the MPC as a controller or whatever I plugged into the back of the Ren via usb (a Tascam iXR interface for example)...

It's bugging me out because I can't hear the vinyl I'm trying to sample into the Ren. I tried reinstalling the drivers too but no success.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what may be the problem I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
By theNovice Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:20 pm
kaydigi wrote:Did you install 1.9.7, I think you have to manually download it from your Akai pro account.

Hey bud thanks for replying.

Yes 1.9.7 I downloaded but (I'm at work now so I can't try until I get home tonight) I think the driver that comes bundled with the installer is not the most up-to-date driver for Mac OS Sierra. I was on the Akai site today briefly and the driver I saw for MacOS Sierra was a different driver version than the one that came with my installer.

I will try once I get home tonight and update if that helped.

Thanks man I appreciate it
By acura Thu May 04, 2017 11:51 am
Hello theNovice,

did you have any audio problems so far on your Macbook Pro 2016? The MPC Renaissance does have audio artifacts and other issues on the 2015 Macbook Pros and older (apparently every Computer with USB 3.1 Gen1). Because the 2016 Macbook Pro has USB 3.1 Gen2 it's very interesting to know if the Ren works with it! :)