Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By drumkat Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:34 am
Hi all,

I'm new here. I want to use my Sonar software to program midi out to my MPC Touch. In other words simply play a midi file from my laptop midi-in/out to the MPC Touch as
a backing/practicing tool.

I've set up my midi in/out driver between the laptop and the Touch with no issues. But no sound!

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
By jimijones555 Sun May 28, 2017 6:23 am
Hey Drumkat,

I use SONAR Professional with the Renaissance, first of all if you're playing a MIDI file from within SONAR going to your MPC Touch, what do you have in your MPC Touch that would be triggered by SONAR....?, I'm asking you this because it sounds like you might be a little confused, the MPC Touch is not a synth module or a drum machine per se, its a production environment, you would be better off playing your MIDI file from SONAR into a synth module or MIDI keyboard where you could setup a General MIDI bank, and your MIDI file would trigger the correct sounds, at least this is a typical method for playing MIDI files, so tell me this what is this MIDI file you want to play from SONAR, is it a commercially produced MIDI file..?, or is it something you created from your MPC Touch..?, and are you concerned with wanting to trigger the drums or something, these are some questions that you might want to ponder.

Jimi Jones