Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By BostonGreen Wed May 03, 2017 10:58 pm
First major improvement i've noticed, no more turning my touch on and off every 15 mins whilst sampling due to some weird distortion .......
By Bain Thu May 04, 2017 1:42 pm
BostonGreen wrote:First major improvement i've noticed, no more turning my touch on and off every 15 mins whilst sampling due to some weird distortion .......

That happens to me with the Ren. I'm glad to hear that it is software related.
By BostonGreen Wed May 10, 2017 10:08 am
I lied .... still getting the distortion when trying to record things, having to turn the touch on and off again to clear it ....
By BostonGreen Wed May 10, 2017 10:17 pm
yeah, thought it was solved but problem resurfaced after a few hours using it ...
By Goochallday Thu May 11, 2017 2:15 am
Oddly, I've never had that issue. But, I often opt to use my main interface for output instead of the one built into the Touch.
By BostonGreen Thu May 11, 2017 8:16 am
yeah, i suspect it is their soundcard/drivers that are the issue, might have to install my fasttrack pro and see how that goes ....
By Bain Thu May 11, 2017 2:37 pm
BostonGreen wrote:yeah, i suspect it is their soundcard/drivers that are the issue, might have to install my fasttrack pro and see how that goes ....

When I use my focusrite as the interface for my Ren I don't encounter this problem which sucks because I paid for the Ren.
By Goochallday Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 pm
Bain wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:yeah, i suspect it is their soundcard/drivers that are the issue, might have to install my fasttrack pro and see how that goes ....

When I use my focusrite as the interface for my Ren I don't encounter this problem which sucks because I paid for the Ren.

Honestly I never had that issue with the Touch, but..............when I had the Ren it was pretty consistent. I don't trust Akai with built-in interfaces. The Live and X should be a slightly different story though
By BostonGreen Fri May 12, 2017 6:41 pm
a firmware update for the touch would be nice, i'm sure there's shizzle in the live firmware that could work on the touch ...
By BostonGreen Fri May 12, 2017 8:03 pm
So, just installed my old M-Audio Fast Track Pro usb soundcard. Better latency than the Touch drivers, been recording pretty much solid for 2 hours without a single bit of distortion, so guess I've solved my problem by installing a 15 year old soundcard, because its better than a 6 month old Touch .... WTF!
By BostonGreen Sat May 13, 2017 11:43 am
yep, thats definitely solved the distortion issue, and i'm now able to get decent input levels for recording .... that Touch soundcard sucks