Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By jjwinter Thu May 11, 2017 4:45 am
Load Ableton (or really any daw, Tracktion ext).
Load MPC Studio as vst.
Midi out of the MPC studio into external synth.
Route external synth as audio input in external recording box.
Hit record.

How do.

Can't figure out the routing with Ableton. Can get Tracktion software to work, but requires some random sequence of starting the external synth, starting Tracktion and starting the MPC Studio (it never works the same way twice).

Basically want to use the daw as the recording dump only, using the MPC Studio with a external synth is easy, but when I want to dump mixdowns, daws just don't seem to be configurable.
By Eightysix69 Wed May 24, 2017 12:45 am
jjwinter wrote:Load Ableton (or really any daw, Tracktion ext).
Load MPC Studio as vst.
Midi out of the MPC studio into external synth.
Route external synth as audio input in external recording box.
Hit record.

How do.

Can't figure out the routing with Ableton. Can get Tracktion software to work, but requires some random sequence of starting the external synth, starting Tracktion and starting the MPC Studio (it never works the same way twice).

Basically want to use the daw as the recording dump only, using the MPC Studio with a external synth is easy, but when I want to dump mixdowns, daws just don't seem to be configurable.

Are you using an interface? I'm confused why you would use midi out from the MPC Studio to the external synth. Regardless though, you have to have an interface to use the external synth in a computer/DAW. Why not just MPC thru USB to PC and external synth thru interface to PC?