Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By BostonGreen Tue May 23, 2017 2:44 pm
So, just flicking through the expansions installed with 2.0 and in the list is The Wub and The Noise, but I can't seem to find them via the Touch hardware ..... what am I missing
By MPC-Tutor Tue May 23, 2017 3:00 pm
There is no 'expansion browse'r in the Touch hardware so all you can do is browse the sample expansions 'content' folders (e.g. 'com.akaipro.com.mvp.thevault'). The Wub and Noise are plugin (not sample) expansions, so you'll need to assign one to a plugin track and browse the patches from MAIN .
By BostonGreen Tue May 23, 2017 3:10 pm
I can't find any reference to either the wub or the noise in any of the folders I can browse via the touch, what would be the file path?
By MPC-Tutor Tue May 23, 2017 3:58 pm
BostonGreen wrote:I can't find any reference to either the wub or the noise in any of the folders I can browse via the touch, what would be the file path?

As I said, these are not sample expansions, so they are not accessible via the BROWSER. These are instrument plugins, accessible via the program settings in MAIN.

So in MAIN, press the 'plugin' icon to convert the current track to a plugin track.
Then underneath where it says 'PLUGIN: NONE' double tap and under MPC Expansions > Akai Professional' you'll see the noise, wub, bank etc. Tap the plugin you want, hit SELECT and then choose a preset.

By MPC-Tutor Thu May 25, 2017 9:48 am
BostonGreen wrote:I don't see them in my akai account either ....

I don't think they are officially available for the MPC Touch, they were MPC Renaissance 'exclusives'. In my account they are only listed under the entry for my Renaissance, not for the Touch nor Studio.

I can confirm that in 1.9.6 I forgot to install the Noise - now with 2.0 I have the Noise listed in the Expansion Browser in my computer, but it's not available to actually use in the computer GUI and it's not there in the hardware UI.

I think it's just a mistake in the expansion browser, the Wub and noise shoudln't appear there unless they are actually installed.
By kaydigi Thu May 25, 2017 11:50 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:I don't see them in my akai account either ....

I don't think they are officially available for the MPC Touch, they were MPC Renaissance 'exclusives'. In my account they are only listed under the entry for my Renaissance, not for the Touch nor Studio.

I can confirm that in 1.9.6 I forgot to install the Noise - now with 2.0 I have the Noise listed in the Expansion Browser in my computer, but it's not available to actually use in the computer GUI and it's not there in the hardware UI.

I think it's just a mistake in the expansion browser, the Wub and noise shoudln't appear there unless they are actually installed.

Yep, seems like a mistake. Tutor when you get your Live, it will give you a license for the wub and noise.