Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By boswell Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:59 pm
I'm on the studio, working around the 'non daw-ness' and starting to get some workflow efficiency. To the point, I like items like the behringer x touch, motorized faders, scribble strip, banks etc. As anyone knows loading up samples/banks, nearly 100% of the time I'm adjusting volume with each (not mixing but just getting things to sit right) is there anyone using a fader bank? I'd like to just have the faders mapped once, so when I open the software they're already mapped, and as I record I can just intuitively move this pan, volume etc, without clicking around?
By kaydigi Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:15 am
boswell wrote:I'm on the studio, working around the 'non daw-ness' and starting to get some workflow efficiency. To the point, I like items like the behringer x touch, motorized faders, scribble strip, banks etc. As anyone knows loading up samples/banks, nearly 100% of the time I'm adjusting volume with each (not mixing but just getting things to sit right) is there anyone using a fader bank? I'd like to just have the faders mapped once, so when I open the software they're already mapped, and as I record I can just intuitively move this pan, volume etc, without clicking around?

It's been asked multiple times, and it's been ignored or shrugged off basically. Even if Akai would have to release a proprietary controller to do this with the software, I would love it.
By Cockdiesel Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:20 am
I think there is some hope. When I plugged in my apc40 to the live it powered it and triggered random stuff with all the buttons and knobs, but I did notice the faders worked although not mapped in way that made sense. I haven't looked at it again but perhaps a midi keyboard with sliders may work as well and could be mapped. It's on the long list of things to check out but I know I'll be using the midi keyboard I got this weekend on other things, not sliders on mine just knobs though.
By boswell Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:27 pm
I know I'm asking for some avid pro tools type integration, but me and the mpc workflow just makes sense, I'd love to be recording overdubs, snares, whatever, and have a physical fader to pull down and 'mix' as I compose, I thought the behringer looked like a good buy, but I still can't get the mpc and FL to play nice besides setting outputs manually each time and transport control, I get no midi notes to record! But the mpc feels like an instrument, the clicking around fl just gets me bored, even though it sounds good. Don't get me started on getting waves to work with mpc, such a pita.