Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:27 am
Upon the release of the full version of MPC 2.0, the following MPC owners will be eligible for a free upgrade:
All registered MPC Touch, MPC Live, and MPC X owners.
All MPC Studio, MPC Studio Black, and MPC Renaissance owners who purchased their MPC new on or after January 1st, 2017 from an authorized dealer.

Good to see Akai listening to what we've said here and have set an actual cut off date rather than the original '4 months before 2.0 release' criteria.

'authorized dealer' purchases only means no free upgrade for second hand buyers, that's going to probably impact the current s/h value of Rens and Studios.
By Living Bate Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:46 am
Pads wrote: Isn't the Renaissance discontinued? Do authorized dealers even sell the Renaissance still? Wtf kind of joke is this?

yeh the Renaissance is long discontinued and this kind of bollox is just an insult to the customers....

i seriously doubt there will be one person who will be eligible for a free upgrade to 2.0 with a Renaissance

i'd rather Akai just said that instead of trying to sugar coat shit
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 am
Pads wrote:Isn't the Renaissance discontinued? Do authorized dealers even sell the Renaissance still? Wtf kind of joke is this?

You are correct, there might be the odd dealer who had some spare Ren stock floating around, I would assume second hand Rens purchased from an authorised dealer should hopefully also be covered. But ultimately we're probably talking an incredibly small number of Rens that are eligible for the free upgrade. Same with the Studio silver.

I doubt the 'blue screen' controllers are getting much priority when it comes to 2.0, most likely a half hearted afterthought. I fully expect audio tracks to be a somewhat clunky, make-shift implementation. Prove me wrong Akai :)
By Almost Lazy Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:00 pm
certainly not interested in a free upgrade, ill just be ahappy with a a working upgrade.. if the Ren is lost to them then they are certainly following the path of the 5K.. ill be sticking with what ive got & wont waste anymore coin on their hardware until i can see a "we fuked it right "look on Akai's face... ps im previous the Touch era anyway...
#illworkwithwhativegot
By dez perado Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:07 am
i couldn't wait any longer. i purchased a used touch. so i could. use the beta software. and maybe return it but after using the touch with 2.0 i doubt ill even try the ren with. it. the update. is more oriented for the Touch screen Mpc 's. if i get rid of my ren. im gonna eventually have to get me an x one day down the line
By Goochallday Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:43 am
dez perado wrote:i couldn't wait any longer. i purchased a used touch. so i could. use the beta software. and maybe return it but after using the touch with 2.0 i doubt ill even try the ren with. it. the update. is more oriented for the Touch screen Mpc 's. if i get rid of my ren. im gonna eventually have to get me an x one day down the line

Exactly. I've had the touch since release and have owned the Ren as well. If you want to keep your Ren in use, don't upgrade. I meet cats with Pro Tools 7 setups and old Macs because they like the way they setup their rigs to run. If you are getting the results you want, don't change. After the 2000 you had to buy another MPC completely to take advantage of major updates and changes.
By mp3hustle Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:00 pm
i got the live.. and im using the 2.0 with my ren on my main computer with no issues so far minus a couple parameters not updating in real time on the ren screen without touching another pad then they update