Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By clash_117 Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:14 pm
Hello everyone! I apologize if this is somewhere but I've looked everywhere and have been unable to find an answer. I'm extremely new to all of this so bear with me because I don't REALLY know what I am doing yet. So here is my issue: I bought an MPC Renaissance and I use Reaper as my DAW. (I also have Studio One 3 Artist). Anyway, I have read through every forum and tried so many things, but I cannot get my Ren to record anything into Reaper. I have a MIDI cable from it into my Audio interface, but I'm not sure that is really important. I just want my MPC to record MIDI into Reaper or Studio One. Neither one has worked and I tried FL Studio and Cubase LE but the only thing I can record is my MPK Mini with a VST. So if someone could be kind enough to walk through setting this up, software and MIDI cables etc as if I were a child. I know that's alot to ask and I appreciate any help, thank you!!
By Cinetrax Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:56 pm
About audio I don't know, I never tried. But using Ren as a Midi controller to input notes in your DAW, forget about it, this is impossible.

2.0 software has a "Drag and Drop Midi" function which allows to create your beat inside Ren then drop its midi notes to your DAW. This function will be available to the new MPCs.

The billion dollars question is: Will this 2.0 function work with the Ren as well? Answer in the next future...

One more thing. Maybe you have noticed maybe not but standard MPC Pads midi notes are not in the musical keyboard progression you would expect. They are all over the place but maybe you don't bother.

If you do, you have to import a chromatic Midi Control Scene from your MPC Content folder to your Ren. So now, if you are used to input your midi notes using a keyboard, your Ren will respond in a more familiar way.
By clash_117 Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:32 pm
Cinetrax wrote:About audio I don't know, I never tried. But using Ren as a Midi controller to input notes in your DAW, forget about it, this is impossible.

2.0 software has a "Drag and Drop Midi" function which allows to create your beat inside Ren then drop its midi notes to your DAW. This function will be available to the new MPCs.

The billion dollars question is: Will this 2.0 function work with the Ren as well? Answer in the next future...

One more thing. Maybe you have noticed maybe not but standard MPC Pads midi notes are not in the musical keyboard progression you would expect. They are all over the place but maybe you don't bother.

If you do, you have to import a chromatic Midi Control Scene from your MPC Content folder to your Ren. So now, if you are used to input your midi notes using a keyboard, your Ren will respond in a more familiar way.

Really? I would think it would be possible but I guess not. What's the point of the VST plugin if I can't assign samples, then just play them off through MIDI and record them into Reaper? Seems counter productive. I'll try the keyboard progression thing, but I hope I can figure something out because I don't like making beats in the MPC software. Thanks for your help!
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:43 pm
clash_117, Yes of course you can play MIDI from your MPC and record it into Reaper, doing it in plugin mode is probably the easiest way, if you select a plugin or keygroup program the MIDI notes are chromatic, but you can also reorder a DRUM program chromatically if need be.

You can also record MIDI into Reaper when not in plugin mode, use a virtual MIDI connection via a virtual MIDI driver. I forget what it's called on a PC (requires third party software), in a Mac it's the iAC driver. Set this as your MIDI out from the MPC (Preferences > MIDI) and in Reaper set it as the MIDI IN - that should be it, it will act just like a hard wired MIDI connection.
By Cinetrax Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:59 pm
Hi MPC Tutor, I have a different understanding about what clash_117 wants to achieve.

If I understand correctly, clash_117 wants to use DAW as sequencer, MPC hardware as controller and MPC software as sound.

Which means playing MPC pads while hearing sounds mapped on those pads while recording pads midi notes into DAW, all at the same time. Purpose about this is to edit midi notes inside DAW not inside MPC software. Same thing you do when using a midi keyboard to record a VSTi into DAW.

Please, clash_117 correct me if I misunderstood your posts. But if I understand you right, I stand correct: what you try to achieve is not possible.

Yes you can use your MPC to record midi notes into DAW but only to play a different VSTi... That's why I use a keyboard to record mid notes and have MPC software as a VST'i. And i guess it's what you do using your MPK Mini.

That's why new MPC 2.0 Drag and Drop function will be a workaround to achieve this more easily.
By Orphew Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:56 pm
AKAI "professional" SHAME continues....but Sales Show must go On!!

AKAI = RIDICULOUS COMPLETE INCOMPETENCE or INTENTIONAL MALEVOLENT MISLEADING

No other answer for this issue and DAW integration (because MPC WILL NEVER BE A 2017-? DAW...by galaxies of distance) shameful design and updating policy in June 2017...

InMusic Brands deserves the total bankruptcy as a complete FAIL heritage deffenders of the original AKAI sense and products. Keep on destroying glory legacy with your stupidity.