Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By lolwat Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:45 am
Having mpc for about a week, I have strange feeling on PAD1, like when I press it on left bottom side it's kind of clicking, moves out of place, idk it's just strange, other pads don't seem to have this feeling. But pads play well, expect sometimes it hits double (googled about it and it seems like common issue when starting.)
Also my mpc sometimes stops responding, none of the buttons are working + my mpc screen is crashing all the time - I guess this might be because im running it on windows 7.

Should I get it replaced because of that PAD1 feeling or is it just all in my mind and I just need to keep playing? :-D
Also, any advice how to run it properly without any crashes on windows 7?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:22 am
lolwat wrote:any advice how to run it properly without any crashes on windows 7?

Don't use Windows 7, it isn't supported, or roll back to MPC Software 1.8 which does support Windows 7. However 'crashes' are unfortunately present in all versions of the MPC Software no matter which OS you are running. It is an inherently unstable application compared to other more mature (or simply better coded) applications.

As for the pad, a little click on the pad when pressing down in the corner is normal on the MPC Studio.

I've never experienced double triggers on the Studio myself, but I've been playing MPCs for 17 years so perhaps my technique is more refined. But generally speaking double triggers is a common issue for beginners.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:03 am
Is it saying you have used up all your authorizations? If so it shouldn't, the provided uninstaller doesn't touch the file that contains your auth info so when you downgrade the original auth should be remembered. You might have to contact Akai for an auth reset.