Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Mitchlw Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:10 pm
Dear Akai,

Im running my Renaissance on OSX 10.12.6 (latest update) and installed the latest drivers for Sierra you guys provided.
Sad thing is, 10 seconds into a song or project which is playing all i hear are pops, cracks, hisses and it gets more and more if i keeps it playing...

I really need to fix this because i cant work or listen to music anymore with this issue!

Please respond, thanks in advance.
By acura Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:18 am
Does your iMac have a USB 2 port? If yes, try it. If it only has USB 3 ports, this is your problem. Unfortunately, the Ren has lots of issues with that...
By Mitchlw Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:49 pm
I have to check that out but thats strange...cause i have the iMac for a while now and never experienced these issues as i do now.

Seems to be related to OSX Sierra if you ask me.

I will check if i have USB 2.0 ports
By Mitchlw Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:44 pm
Nope, no USB 2.0 ports available.
But then again...i have the iMac for a while and never experienced this problem before 10.12....so i would like to see a fix or something.

I guess im not the only one with this issue right?
By acura Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:19 am
Okay I see. Yes, others have the same problem with USB 3. But, since this is not your problem, if I remember correctly, there has been a driver update for sierra. Check the forum for this!