Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Living Bate Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:28 am
Ok, you've got a 1 bar loop. Its sweet but you want a couple of key changes.

The sample is running at C. You want to drop it to A and up to E.

Then you want to extract both the A and the E as separate wav files.

How would you do it?
By Living Bate Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 am
cheers Tutor....

is there no more 'musical' or real-time options that allow for experimentation?.....using Q-Links or a keyboard or anything?

is shifting numbers with copies the only way?
By Living Bate Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:26 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Patch phrase it, then when you mess with the pitch it should keep a constant tempo. Definitely works in sample edit, but should also work by adjusting the SEMI value in a pad layer, which could in turn be done via qlinks

and then export as a mixdown to extract as wav files I guess?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:13 pm
Yes, if you want to generate a bunch of wav files at different pitches you could do that, I guess there's loads of ways you can achieve this. I'm going to investigate the patch phrase options myself as I think it could make a good tutorial, although in 2.0 this is all achieved with warping and clip programs
By Living Bate Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:42 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, if you want to generate a bunch of wav files at different pitches you could do that, I guess there's loads of ways you can achieve this. I'm going to investigate the patch phrase options myself as I think it could make a good tutorial, although in 2.0 this is all achieved with warping and clip programs

which kinda answers my next question......which was going to be whether there are better ways of doing it in 2.0