Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Wes Clarke Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:48 pm
Just about to grab the MPC X.

I have a question from owners of the MPC X in regards to what Steve Jobs called "Gorilla Arm"

https://www.wired.com/2010/10/gorilla-arm-multitouch/

"Gorilla arm" is a term engineers coined about 30 years ago to describe what happens when people try to use these interfaces for an extended period of time. It's the touchscreen equivalent of carpal-tunnel syndrome. According to the New Hacker's Dictionary, "the arm begins to feel sore, cramped and oversized – the operator looks like a gorilla while using the touchscreen and feels like one afterwards."

Does anyone feel like they have Gorilla Arm after using the MPC X after a long period of time?

Thanks
By Living Bate Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:02 pm
Wes Clarke wrote:Just about to grab the MPC X.

I have a question from owners of the MPC X in regards to what Steve Jobs called "Gorilla Arm"

Does anyone feel like they have Gorilla Arm after using the MPC X after a long period of time?

Thanks

So far I havent, but I have experienced Monkeys Mitt after a long session scratching out PDC on the jog wheel. . . Had some cake, got a brutal case of Czech Neck and moved on

If Gorilla Arms are a concern I would suggest holding out for the MPC Eclipse
By Wes Clarke Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:55 pm
I have the mpc ren

everything is laid out ergonomically correct on it, and it is very comfortable to operate.

The real question is about extending the arms past the pads to the touch screen vertically for long periods of time.

Is it ergonomically within a normal wingspan, or do users feel like they are getting a work out from a repeated stretching arm movement i.e. are users arms feeling tired?

the mpc live and touch are ergonomically correct in regards to the touch screen laying horizontal. the only design flaw with those two units is the omission of the oled scribble strips and the 3 extra banks of q-links.
By Living Bate Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am
Wes Clarke wrote:
Is it ergonomically within a normal wingspan, or do users feel like they are getting a work out from a repeated stretching arm movement i.e. are users arms feeling tired?

I would say the wingspan is no different to an average bassoon.....

In terms of repeated arm movement there are plenty of websites out there that can assist MPC X users with that issue

but yeh...like I said:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/161107/dem2gf4y.jpg
By masada2502 Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:08 pm
in truth you dont find your self reaching for the screen that much with all the dedicated buttons...I f the X is right in front of you i dont see you having an issue