Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Nicky Blades Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:41 pm
I hate to be this guy with this problem, but for the love of Dilla, why can't I make a beat in MPC without my speakers crackling and distorting???

Let me not waste anyones time:

Primary use for MPC: Sample chopping from .wav files - No Vinyl...yet...
(Specs & Gear):
MPC STUDIO BLACK (Recently purchased New from Amazon)
Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)
2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB Memory (I upgraded from a 4GB)
Operating On: macOS Sierra (Version 10.12.6)
Using included software with MPC Studio

Speakers:
Yamaha NX-E200
(Wired to a Yamaha RX-E200) Stereo Receiver
All RCA cables have been replaced and tested)
OUTPUT: RCA to AUX - Headphones Jack (as of right now)

Now lets deduce together...I have:
1. Tested audio coming from sources outside of MPC (itunes, Youtube, iphone Aux, etc.) and hear NO DISTORTION.
2. Reinstalled software and audio drivers
3. Purchased a Scarlett Solo 2/2 audio interface (which yes, is set up correctly)
4. Closed all other background running programs while running MPC
5. The volume is not "too loud" or clipping anywhere...and by anywhere, I mean: Stereo volume knob, macbook output volume, scarlett solo output monitor, faders, everything...nothing but nice medium-low bouncing green indicators on all tracks & programs in MPC.
6. I even bought 3-prong plug adapters to make sure I wasn't experiencing just a faulty connection in the outlet its plugged into.
7. I set up (separately, and at separate times) Multi-output device settings in Mac's Audio/Midi Setup.
8. I also tried running an aggregate system from my sound card as well.
9. I have tried every possible sample rate and bit adjustment possible. NO LATENCY just POPPING!
10. I have hooked the MPC up to different stereo inputs and have the same response from it. Maybe I can go 10 mins max before it starts popping again..on a good day.
11. For all the I.T. people there, yes, I also tried unplugging it and plugging it back in.
12. Zero Snap is ON.
13. Even the expansion packs and AKAI prof. samples included with purchase pop and click at any given moment.
14. The crackling and distortion happens at all different times and is not consistent or in line with the track, so I know its not poor sample quality to blame.
15. The distortion is even coming through my headphones...take the entire stereo set-up out of the equation.
16. Looking into USB 3.0 right now because that is where the internet has brought me...but c'mon...a USB is not going to be my solution?...is it? And even if it is the solution then:
a.) Akai you should include it with the hardware purchase because all said and done after dropping all this money for superior hardware and software, an upgraded USB should be a freebee or at least come out and tell us we need it.
b.) what the H else could it be???...

Because I'm just trying to make beats that make you feel what I'm feelin' and this popping, clicking shit is making me sadder than before I even knew about choppin beats.
Please...MPC community...I need you...please help me...
By Marcelo Checoni Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:35 am
Hello, I am back to tell you that I finally solved the latency problem and did not need to replace my PC. I installed a USB 2.0 PCI Express card to create an exclusive USB bus to hook the MPC Ren and it is working now. It is difficult to understand if the problem was caused by the incompatibility with the hybrid USB 3.0/2.0 bus from my PC's motherboard or the bandwidth of the bus itself, that was shared with other USB devices. The fact is that this product solved the problem: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R ... UTF8&psc=1

I bought this model because I needed a low profile board for my SFF Lenovo PC but I am sure that any other USB 2.0 board will do the trick.
By Majestik Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:58 am
I am having the same problem. It;s not your sound card . it's the MPC X. The sounds are way way way too loud. This is ridiculous for a professional music company especially akai too have these sounds so loud. Most audio interfaces are made to process sounds at -18 db. if you look into the pad mixer in your mpc x these sounds can reach up to +6db
so when you record or play back from you daw it's going to sound like shit this is the worst i have ever seen don't get me wrong it's a great machine and i love it. but i have too adjust every sound in every pad i load up because akai has these sounds reaching up to +6db. it's a waste of time very unprofessional Akai i'm disappointed
By acura Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:05 am
Are we talking about sounds from a drumkit or similar or did you sample them yourself?

I am asking because most sounds from drumkits have been normalized, so yes, you have to adjust every sound. But that's not Akais fault.
By Zaphod Beeblebrox Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:34 am
Majestik wrote:I am having the same problem. It;s not your sound card . it's the MPC X. The sounds are way way way too loud. This is ridiculous for a professional music company especially akai too have these sounds so loud. Most audio interfaces are made to process sounds at -18 db. if you look into the pad mixer in your mpc x these sounds can reach up to +6db
so when you record or play back from you daw it's going to sound like **** this is the worst i have ever seen don't get me wrong it's a great machine and i love it. but i have too adjust every sound in every pad i load up because akai has these sounds reaching up to +6db. it's a waste of time very unprofessional Akai i'm disappointed

+6dB with respect to what? Can't be dBFS since no metering or anything can go above 0dBFS since this is where the digital system effectively runs out of bits (biggest number it can make). It would be helpful to know since decibels are not an absolute measurement, they are a ratio or comparison.

I suspect, looking at their settings that the OP had their latency set too low for their audio interface so that the load on the actual computer was too great and that's what caused the issue. An Intel Core 2 Duo would struggle with a latency set this low.