Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Kryptickmuzac Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:21 am
Ok so i had posted earlier about a stanton t.62 and mpc n ive learned enough about producing being that im new i gt a mixer n got my turntable working properly but now I'm interested in buying a synthesizer specifically a roland jd-xi and i had some questions like will i be able to record sounds that come with the synthesizer into the mpc touch n will the synthesizer also be able to change the pitch's on sounds i have on my mpc touch n if so how can i accomplish that and what would i have to do to set it up properly to bring out rhe most from the pair
By Schmidi Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:11 pm
JDxi is a good little synth (Damn near perfect for someone just starting out honestly).

Yes, you can run 1/4" cables out from the xi into the touch. The touch is a sampler, so you can record the xi and make sample drum/key groups that you can play with the pads. Or, you can record longer phrases as audio tracks.

As for the Xi changing parameters of sounds already on the Touch , probably but I'm not sure how.

I think your best use of the Xi (in studio) would be to find patches you like, sample them as key groups, and then use the Touch for sound/song creation.