Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 am
Spoff77 wrote:More info and price: http://akaipro.com/news/articles/akai-p ... 0-software

Although not seeing where to purchase it at this point, nor does it show up as an option to upgrade to in my software........

Log into your akaipro.com account, the upgrade link is there. Here's the direct link:

https://akaipro.onfastspring.com/mpc-2- ... enaissance
By Chillin Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:07 am
Is the content the same as on the MPC X? I've preordered to X, but I am still waiting for it to be released over here. I am on the verge...
By Zbigniew Zielinski Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:45 pm
Has anyone upgraded to 2.0 for REN?

I couldn't find any hardware spec req for this and unsure if my old laptop will cope with 2.0 as good as it does with 1.9.

Here is what's included in CONTENT; https://soundcloud.com/akaipro/sets/mpc ... nt-upgrade

I don't know if the 2.0 will work well with my workflow and I have got used to 1.9 by now.
Is there any chances of downloading and installing trial version?

Lastly, can you return and get your 99$ back if you don't like it? (if trial not available) :-)
By Living Bate Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:06 pm
Zbigniew Zielinski wrote:Has anyone upgraded to 2.0 for REN?

I couldn't find any hardware spec req for this and unsure if my old laptop will cope with 2.0 as good as it does with 1.9.

Here is what's included in CONTENT; https://soundcloud.com/akaipro/sets/mpc ... nt-upgrade

I don't know if the 2.0 will work well with my workflow and I have got used to 1.9 by now.
Is there any chances of downloading and installing trial version?

Lastly, can you return and get your 99$ back if you don't like it? (if trial not available) :-)

I'm definitely not rushing into it....

I want some dependable feedback before I hand over my money

By dj felix Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:26 pm
I sold my ren because the most important thing for me would be to record mpc mid to my daw
my biggest question is to know if version 2.0 allows to record mid directly in my daw?
By jahsoul Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:19 pm
dj felix wrote:I sold my ren because the most important thing for me would be to record mpc mid to my daw
my biggest question is to know if version 2.0 allows to record mid directly in my daw?

I'm probably going to test it out this weekend. I bought an MV8000 because I honestly assumed that the blue faces were not going to get the upgrade. Not only do we get it but I got the voucher. Decisions, decisions...
By Chillin Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:11 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Chillin wrote:Is the content the same as on the MPC X? I've preordered to X, but I am still waiting for it to be released over here. I am on the verge...

If you pay the extra $70 you apparently get all the content that is included with the X/Live.

I couldn't resist the temptation. :|

And you for those who wonder, it is very stable. Large files it loads with eas'. However the workflow has changed somewhat....
Last edited by Chillin on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Chillin Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:15 am
Living Bate wrote:
Chillin wrote:
I couldn't resist the temptation. :|

are you running 2.0 with the Ren?

Yes on the Ren, and its very stable. Large files that used to crash on older versions now run smooth. Also during the loading process it runs smooth on large files. As well continues play when saving a file is stable.

There is also a suggestion button. I have seen a few thing that can be and need to be improved. Thus far these are minor, but still. We strive for perfection. :idea:
Last edited by Chillin on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Living Bate Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:33 am
Chillin wrote:
Yes on the Ren, and its very stable. Large files that used to crash on older versions now run smooth. Also doing the loading process. Also continues play when saving a file is stable.

There is also a suggestion button. I have seen a few thing that can be and need to be improved. Thus far these are minor, but still. We strive for perfection. :idea:

i'm so happy to hear this...

i'm gonna make the purchase soon....

I assume i wont have any issues loading my old Renaissance songs on 2.0? ( i'm currently still running 1.8 )