Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Johnnybones Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:57 am
The other day my screen wouldn't come on said I had to reinstall display driver. Well before doing that by mistake I hit record on a track configured for the mpc in protools. Started banging out some beats with MPC sounds and all the midi data was recorded on an instrument track in my Daw! This is what I want to do. I then updated to latest 2.0 and the display driver and now I am unable to figure out how to duplicate this

So question. How do I configure the mpc to load sounds from MPC library play the pads and record the midi data into my daw so I can edit the performance and playback the sounds from MPC??

To be clear I don't want to use the sequencer in the 2.x software.

Thanks
By GedaBlaq Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:12 pm
Aaahhhh memories....

Unless something has significantly changed, you can't (Ren user btw...).

There have a been a few BS workarounds but no solid resolutions to this seemingly, basic midi record out/in function.

Please search my posts. I've dealt with and have asked for a resolution to this issue exhaustively over the past few years. :popcorn: