Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By zillaclout Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:41 pm
How do you play back Midi Loops with the MPC Touch? I have a bunch of drum loops.....kick, hh, snare patterns that i want to use. thanks for a quick answer u guys...
By GedaBlaq Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:35 pm
My man...

This a very basic and elementary function of beat making.

So basic in fact, that it makes you appear to be a lazy individual who wants quick answers and fixes, rather than investing the time and research into finding (and learning in the process) answers on your own, as the vast majority of the producers on this forum have done over the years to hone their craft.

I'd be willing to bet that the reason your question hasn't been answered yet, is because most here probably agree with my assumption above.

If I've misjudged you, my sincerest apologies.

Regardless, to answer your question and help out a fellow producer:

1. Drag the midi loop onto an instrument track.
2. Browse your library of Midi drums and assign a kit to that track in order to hear the playback of the pattern you selected.
3. Remember, Midi is NOT audio. It is the data information representation of the audio.
4. If you don't like the way one drum kit sounds, you can swap it out for another kit. You can even assign an instrument like a piano, violin, bass, etc... to get some truly and interesting results and inspiration.

Lastly, Midi is EXTREMELY flexible. And as with the music creation process, its only limitations are you.

Hope this response helped you on many levels.

Peace.