Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By dez perado Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:48 pm
HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL.

My problem is that when I make something like an 8 bar loop and maybe only like the fist 4 so decide to copy the fist 4 bars twice I select them within the range I want and when I press replace bars 5-8 actually get merged instead of replaced. This wasn't so for me even when was running the beta. Had the problem since maby the last update or 2. I'm running latest update on mac ( el capitan)
By dez perado Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:47 pm
That's the work around I been using but I didn't always have this problem so it's definitely something to do With 2.0 update. That's the whole point of having a merge or replace function
By pk1 Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 am
hey d,
i always use the the SEQ EDIT to [4]copy events. i use the merge always... not sure why there is a difference in merge and replace. to me your not replacing anything. your really wanting to copy what you did for four bars out to the 16.. so there is nothing to replace. i always use merge only because it seemed closer to the correct wording of my edit. try just merging. and when i edit i scroll to the top "To:017:01:000"and make it to just before my last bar. example: 009:01:000. i then scroll to the :000 at the end of that number sequence and rotate it counter clock, by one click. reads: "To:008:04:959". so its from the very start to the last click in 8th bar.
then adjust how many time i need to copy to make it sixteen starting with next largest denominator. and that is 009:01:000
hope that helps.