Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By henrik Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:29 am
Hello everyone!

I've been checking this page here:

http://akaipro.com/support/kb/articles/ ... 1515005321

And although it does state very clearly that 10.13.3 is not officially supported, it does says that 10.13.1 and 10.13.2 ARE in fact officially supported.

I must've somehow missed the window of opportunity when the software was actually supported, but oddly enough I have not seen anyone mention anything about this anywhere. (Facebook, Twitter, Akai's Emails, forums, etc...)

I have to say I am a bit disappointed with this, but this isn't entirely Akai Pro's fault.

I would appreciate a little bit more information about WHEN this unit will be fully compatible with the latest software.

Because some time ago I literally thought that it's done and will (maybe) never be compatible beyond Sierra.

So if anyone has anything more to say about this, I would like to hear it.

If there already is a thread about this exact topic then I would like to be pointed there.

Thank you very much.

Henrik
By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:13 pm
I believe there was an update to the displayLink driver in the latest 2.1 update but there was no mention of High Sierra compatibility in the release notes, so I doubt there's any change with regards to macos 10.13.3. Unfortunately I cannot test as I am still on Sierra. I've certainly previously seen posts on Akai's own forums that confirm the Touch driver working with High Sierra (before Akai officially supported it) but required a workaround during the MPC Touch driver installation process. Ultimately I would recommend you contact Akai directly about this, but it does seem from that article that 10.13.3 is not currently supported so perhaps look at rolling back to an old OS backup/clone?
By Nick D Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:20 pm
Hello MPC Touch users!

Nick D here from the Akai Pro forum dropping in to spread some great news - The MPC Touch will be fully functional with Apple's upcoming operating system, macOS Mojave 10.14! The DisplayLink bug introduced in macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 has since been fixed by Apple and full functionality has been restored for the MPC Touch including display, touch panel, and audio/MIDI functions.

Please refer to the following link for more information regarding Akai Pro product compatibility with the Mojave operating system!

macOS Mojave 10.14 and iOS 12 Support for Akai Pro Products

Thank you!