Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Bezo Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:54 pm
When using the AU version of Kontakt 5, my only option is 2-out; no 16xStereo, 16xmono, 1xstereo/15mono or 8xstereo/8xmono like I've seen in Logic Pro. Is this a limitation of MPC 2.1 or do I maybe have a routing/install issue?
By Bezo Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:27 pm
No one using Kontakt with MPC 2.1?

A couple of updates just in case...
-All of the output options for Kontakt are available in my DAW, Logic Pro X
-All my other plugins with multi-output options have all options available in MPC 2.1
-I've rescanned with no success

So this doesn't seem to be due to any limitation of MPC 2.1. I'll make sure the AU Kontakt plug is in the correct folder. Any other suggestions? Know issues with MPC/Kontakt combo?
By Bezo Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:16 pm
Bezo wrote:...So this doesn't seem to be due to any limitation of MPC 2.1...
Ha! Got an answer back from Akai support. MPC doesn't support multi-out from plugins. I guess I'm the only one that didn't know that.

Curious what would happen if I use the 16-out Komplete Kontrol plugin available. Probably just won't have the outputs available that I would expect to see.

First time I've made this mistake. Decisions, decisions. As much as the Touch and MPC 2.1 has added exactly what I hoped to my workflow, the unexpected differences from the typical DAW have been painful. Some I knew about and planned for. But this, I've not come across anything that would suggest this limitation. The product comes with Kontakt instruments.