Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By normrocheleau Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:51 pm
Hey all,

Not sure if this is possible, but I thought I'd ask:

I currently have my MPC touch routed through ableton. When I record midi into the MPC software sequence via the pads, or touch screen grid, the audio plays perfectly in sync with ableton as it should, but I also have the option to record the audio directly into ableton through hitting the MPC pads or by sequencing it into the touchscreen.

The only issue though is when I record audio directly into ableton via playing my pads live, there isn't any snap or quantization feature that I can find. This means my recording is all out of time (obviously because im not a perfect finger drummer). Is there any feature in MPC or ableton that will allow it to sync while I record audio playing the pads live ? IE: 1/2 beat 1/4 beat 1/8 beat 1/16 beat etc, so my notes are in time and that minimal editing will need to be done afterwards ?

Thanks