Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By lhrocker Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:25 pm
I'm a new MPC user who bought a MPC Studio Black for audio backing tracks. I know it's probably overkill for now, but when I was in Guitar Center, they recommended a APC 40 and Ableton Live Standard, which is more than the MPC Studio Black. I ended up buying the Studio cause I had enough guitar bucks to cover just about the entire purchase and I wanted to make sure it did fit my needs, which it does.

What would like to do now is to upgrade to a Touch. Since I already have the Studio and 2.1 software, can I just get a used touch and be done with it? Do I need to worry about registering the Touch to get it to work? I obviously don't need the software, unless the software is linked to the hardware. Using the search, I got lots of mixed info, but since I already own the software, I don't think that's an issue now.

Thanx for the info.
By lhrocker Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:46 pm
So I got the touch and Registered it. My laptop already has mpc 1.9 installed on it. Everything went well up to configuring the screen where I didn't see the touch screen turn on. I tried to reconfigure a few times but no go. So I just loaded the mpc software to see what would happen.

The touch screen didn't work but the pads did. When I looked at preferences and hardware, I saw the serial on the software still belongs to the touch. Does this mean the software is dedicated to hardware? How do I change that?
By lhrocker Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:58 pm
So I finally got everything working. I had to upgrade to MPC 2.1 for touch, that was listed on the touch. I also had to go into my windows settings to check for the display - it wasn't automatic, at least for me.

After that, everything ran fine. I also plugged my Studio back in and it worked without a hitch. Onto bigger and better things!!!