Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Marcelo Checoni Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:23 pm
Hey guys, I am wondering if it is possible to connect the assignable outputs of the MPC Ren to an external analog mixer to get my drum tracks treated by a HW compressor and back into the Ren without causing a dangerous feedback loop.

I have some external synths, FX units and compressors hooked to the MPC through an analog mixer via the main input. The Ren's main output is hooked to my monitors and I am using MPC 2.0 to sequence and record everything. Thanks.
By pk1 Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:44 pm
I believe you will have to "resample". program sound to play how you want then run threw your gear while mp plays your seq, and resampling at same time...
of course then you would need to re-edit/chop/and program new sample.

or put a vst compressor on the program with sound you want com[pressed....

one will be a thirty min process. the later a 1 min process.
By Marcelo Checoni Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:29 am
richie wrote:What about routing it through the returns on your mixer?

You mean the external compressor or the Ren? The external compressor is hooked to my analog mixer through the inserts of channel 1 and 2 (two channels of compression in master>slave to work as stereo). The Aux Send and return are hooked to an external Yamaha SPX2000 which is also stereo. That's why I wanted to hook the Ren to channels 1 and 2 (panned left and right).
By Marcelo Checoni Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:35 am
pk1 wrote:I believe you will have to "resample". program sound to play how you want then run threw your gear while mp plays your seq, and resampling at same time...
of course then you would need to re-edit/chop/and program new sample.

or put a vst compressor on the program with sound you want com[pressed....

one will be a thirty min process. the later a 1 min process.

You are absolutely right about the workflow advantages of using a vst compressor instead of a hardware one, if the only solution is resampling.