Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By kyl3thund3r Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:50 pm
Hello

Hope someone can help.

My MPC Studio Black started crashing at random last night. Happens whether playing it or when it's idle. Pads become unresponsive, sometimes the lights continue with the pattern, most times they all switch off after about 5 or 6 seconds. Very shortly after all the other lights go off besides the tempo and the screen which remains responsive to changes on the software.

When this happens the software continues as normal. You can use it as you would if the MPC was working. The MPC needs switched off and on again before it will start working. Crash seems to happen after about 10-20 minutes after rebooting.

I've tried swapping leads. I've also tried to update the drivers but the process fails when it advises to connect the MPC if you haven't done so already. I thought about a firmware update but the Akai site advises against it as a diagnostic step.

Using MPC Studio 2.1.0 64bit on Windows 7 if that helps.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.