Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Schmidi Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:54 pm
The Live is a great all around product that can take you from home to live performance, but it does cost a bit.

I personally think a used Touch is one of the best deals out there right now if you can snag one for around $350. You get a very capable software with great hardware integration, excellent drum pads, plus a sound card. Just hit Akai support up and they can help you register the hardware and get your software.

Then buy one of Tutor's e-books for learning!
By Bezo Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:11 pm
Probably not a popular suggestions, but if you don't need the stand alone capabilities, also consider the MPC Studio Black. Old school ugly blue screen, but more buttons than the Touch & Live. IMO, immediate access to features via buttons, avoiding menus, can be beneficial to beginners. And you still get the same software/features.

I agree with Schmidi. The Touch is an excellent value if you find it used. If you're always in your studio space connected to a CPU any way, you get the same feature set as the Live for less than half the price. I have the Touch, and my only disappointment is the lack of support for multi-timbral/output plugins. Major disappointment though.