Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By QuickStrike Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:23 pm
Okay fellas so I'm a professional not an amateur music producer for over 15 years. When I say professional that means I make money for my music. I have clients who have deadlines and want their projects done within a timeline. I Only mention that because I come to realize that most people on this form are amateur bedroom producers. (Nothing wrong with it It all) took me a long time to realize that but after reading a lot of comments I realize these guys are not doing this professionally. Which means they have plenty of time to experiment and figure out ways to do things slowly. So most future request are not for professional features.

So here is my opinion I think the MPC Renaissance is better than mpcx ( not sound wise but workflow) but I feel they purposely dumbing the Renaissance down with the 2.0 software so the x/live can be better. :hmmm:

I still feel there's something about the timing sequencer with the mpcx that's just out of whack.

So of course they give use new Futures to cover up the bad sequencer like robotic/drunk timing adjustment instead of fixing the dang sequencer lol.

When working with clients I never use the mpcx. because making music with it I find myself experimenting to overcome the short comings of the X. Like Dumb button placements... Putting sample edit in the far left corner and having pad performance very close by screen. (Why!) Tempo tap button way too small (wtf) A cluttered and wrong color scheme gui screen on controller and standalone. :Sigh:

The Color Red on Hardware screens IS VERY DISTRACTING AND TIRING ON THE EYES.

I see many guys praising the live and mpcx over and over again about all these features and how amazing it is. (The Hype) I got to laugh to keep from crying and going crazy with this new age music thinking...
By monkiusz Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:59 am
Ok so today I found one killer feature what will bring me back to MPC 2.X. Warping of individual chops in audio mode with holding CMD button. I was looking for an option like that, even was thinking about switching to Ableton for it.
By QuickStrike Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:03 pm
monkiusz wrote:Ok so today I found one killer feature what will bring me back to MPC 2.X. Warping of individual chops in audio mode with holding CMD button. I was looking for an option like that, even was thinking about switching to Ableton for it.

Whats that?
By T.B.A Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:49 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:From the hardware UI perspective it's fairly underwhelming, the main issue is that there's still a lot of functions that require the computer, they've made no inroads whatsoever on this front. So still no naming from the hardware, no audio track editing (can't even assign existing audio to a blank track from the hardware UI), no expansion browser, and plenty more infuriating omissions such as no ability to load an entire folder from the browser. It seems they have actually made no effort whatsoever to improve the hardware UI from what it was like in 1.9 and have just done the bare minimum so you can just about muddle through in 2.x.

If you are happy using the MPC Software computer GUI for many tasks then it's a good upgrade. Just don't buy it expecting the hardware UI experience to be any better than before.

Damn this is disappointing to hear. So there's basically no point of upgrading to the 2.0 software if you have a Ren or a Studio
By monkiusz Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:12 pm
I would say - it depends on your workflow and setup. Audio tracks are nice to have, warp function, real time swing, midi learn (it's cool to have an option to manipulate software mixer via faders and buttons on my Novation Impulse 49). I compared 1.9 with 2.x on the same setup, screen vs screen and mixer is for example way more easy for eyes on my 27' monitor in 2.x. And all features we are waiting for (side chain, plugin delay compensation and more) will be never there in 1.9 so... I'm also testing a lot of DAWs last months (Ableton, Studio One, Mixbus) and even if they have some great features that MPC Software is lacking - I always goes back to MPC Software because it's strong points.