Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By roisindubh83 Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:03 am
Any word on when Akai is going integrate there touches with better vst control I can under stand limited preset scroll on some uncommon vst but for bigger names for the most part still nothing you still have to work in daw to acces 50 percent of the vst worth any one else here have these thoughts?
By Bezo Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:19 pm
...Or multi-timbral plugin support?

Only thing stopping this from being the center of my creative process. Relegated to plugin duty in Logic, spending most of its time in MIDI Mode for now. I use more VIs than samples.

I know it's not a DAW, but it's close enough to disappoint when discovering its limitations.

If anyone has a more efficient suggestion than multiple passes to print/route audio from multi-output plugins, I'd appreciate it.
By roisindubh83 Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:00 am
I second the help with that . I could just run mpc as vst in ableton or whatever and add vst in other tracks in ableton but that takes away from being creative on the mpc they desperately need to fix the vst issue it’s holding back the promotion of the product the possibilities would truly be endless. From a old school or producer use to making fire since the days of yor to now this touch is everything I purposely decided to roll with this product to revert back to the simple ways I’m all over the place in the few daws I already use and the heavy hitting vst I use with them but as a 2000 owner there’s just something I miss about the stand alone feeling there’s more studio magic behind ghe music. Akai please grind on this issue.
By Schmidi Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:43 pm
I think the multitimbral support is already there. I've got VIP running 8 different plugs, on 8 different midi channels. All you should have to do is make midi track 1 VSTi "X" midi channel one, then midi track 2 to VSTi "X" midi channel two, and so on.

I actually think the VSTi "automapping" is quite good in MPC. I remember feeling very limited with the Ableton system. I've made peace with having to use the mouse once in awhile because it's quicker and more efficient for some tasks.