Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Eightysix69 Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:08 pm
In MPC 2.2 when I press record, as soon as the play head begins to move I am inputting midi notes but they are not actually being recorded until the second beat. You know, 1,2,3,4 beats per bar, beat 1 isn't recording. I had to break it down like that because Nick from the Akai community didn't understand what I meant by that. Has anyone experienced this? I haven't adjusted any settings, this will happen in a brand new program. This is either a glitch in the software or a pain in the ass setting I do not know about.
By Eightysix69 Wed May 23, 2018 12:31 pm
Thanks for the reply, I hadn't checked back here. Akai got back to me and had me set it up to record during count in as you said. It works but that doesn't make sense. I wasn't trying to record anything during the count in. I just wanted the program to record as soon as the play head began moving as it should. Strange but whatever, it works now.
By Lampdog Wed May 23, 2018 3:38 pm
Recording as SOON as you hit record, well your midi devices need a few milliseconds to sync up right. That's what the pre-record is for. Lots of gear have that feature for that reason and other reasons.