Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bushkid Mon May 28, 2018 6:44 pm
Hej fellow MPC users, new user here.
I just got a second hand MPC Touch and did the install orgy at the weekend. When doing my first tests I noticed a crackling noise like digital clipping on the outs when the level was high. Lowering the volumes in the pad mixer did solve this, but I don't believe it should be there. When sampling the noise was always there, no matter how high the levels.
Then I used an other USB audio interface and the noise was gone. Could this be a defective DAC/ADC or is it a driver issue? Setting the latency high did not change anything.
The other thing is the MIDI I/O. when I play notes from an external keyboard (SY22) to the internal MIDI In I get lots of hanging notes or notes that don't play at all. Then connecting the keyboard via an ESI MIDImate and everything is ok.
I have no problem using it with the external interfaces but want to know if I got a defective unit or if it is a common problem.
Thanks
Georg
By bushkid Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:28 am
Hi Rokgod,
meanwhile I got the audio problem solved by changing the USB cable.
Changing MIDI cables did not help though.
By Schmidi Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:55 pm
Mine clips easily if the signal is too hot. I ended up making a default template that has all my channels around -9 and rarely clip any more.
By ZAYLOW Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:20 am
Hello to all. I need help in the worst way!! I am using the MPC Touch and all I want to do is simply create my sequences so that I can send my beat to Logic. Instead of my sequences staying set the way that i put them, they duplicate the following sequence. If I change the following sequence, the first sequence will then change. I can't get my sequence to stay set. It will always duicate the next sequence or whichever sequence for that matter. :|