Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Talal76 Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:41 am
Hello,
I own an MPC Renaissance and I trialled the MPC 2.0 update.
From what I have gathered from watching online videos there is a key and BPM detector that analyzes samples of music and displays the key and BPM on the screen of the MPC X and MPC Live.
When I trialled the MPC 2.0 there appeared to be no support for this feature on the controller and I was really disappointed after waiting and getting excited about it, so I thought ok...surely the function must be in software at least. I searched and I couldn't find it. It appeared to be the same looking layout as the previous 1.9 update.
Please, could someone explain to me if this feature of the MPC 2.0 update works with the Renaissance in the software or where to find it?
By Talal76 Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:59 am
Thank you for taking the time to help answer my question.
Thanks for clarifying this, I think I interpreted a video by Sonic Boom Bap as having the key detector function when in actuality he was using a sample from a sample pack that had the key included in the file name.
I got over excited but still, this is definitely a feature I would love to see included in a future update.
Thanks again (nice beats by the way).