Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JDSY Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:19 pm
Hey!

So I got a STUDIO mpc a few months back.

I have this problem with the screen glitching, leaving pixels and screen data from a previous mode. Like if i switch to pgm edit, from main screen the screen shows bits and pixels from the mode i was just in.

is this a problem other people have had? I think i'm pretty sure i did a firmware update but to no avail :hmmm:
By T.B.A Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:43 am
Are you using the Studio Black with the 2.0 software? Because I saw that other guys were having same issue with the mpc studio black on the 1.9 version of the software.
By T.B.A Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:04 am
JDSY wrote:hm yeah.

it's so expensive to upgrade the software and not being 100% it will work is sort of a bummer.

wish it would have shipped with the newest software ya know?

When did you buy the MPC Studio Black? Because I thought that if you bought it after January 1st 2017, then you would be able to get the 2.0 software for free.
By SakisX Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:58 pm
It seems they did try to fix it ,but now with 2.9 the screen is not updated in several modes
By jalex Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:59 pm
SakisX wrote:It seems they did try to fix it ,but now with 2.9 the screen is not updated in several modes

Is it possible to install 2.9 on the Studio Black ??
By SakisX Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:18 pm
jalex wrote:
SakisX wrote:It seems they did try to fix it ,but now with 2.9 the screen is not updated in several modes

Is it possible to install 2.9 on the Studio Black ??

If the software doesn't prompt you for update ,you can download the demo and it will be activated via iLock.
But at least on Ren , the situation is the same.
Everyone should send a bug report via the software because Akai would ditch v2.x soonish for v3 and leave Ren/Studio unusable