Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By OL303 Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:43 pm
I bought the MPC software stand alone it works fine , now i need a controller, so i guessed the MPC studio Black should be the right choice.
I am running Windows 7 64Bit
any users here manage working with this configuration?

please let me know before i make a silly mistake.
Thanks
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:01 pm
OL303 wrote:I bought the MPC software stand alone it works fine , now i need a controller, so i guessed the MPC studio Black should be the right choice.

Thanks

For that price range, I would suggest you can get the MPC Touch. It's basically everything the MPC LIVE is without being a standalone device. Search ebay and you can find them for a really good price.
By OL303 Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:52 am
1. I don't really need an audio interface, I have an RME And i'm happy with it.

2. I'm used to the 2500 and i likes the idea that with the Studio Black + Software i still get to press knobs and not a touch screen scrolling windows , i think it's more intuitive.
correct me if i'm wrong here..

3. I think The Studio Black can be used to easily control other software like groove Agent or Ableton, while the Touch is more MPC software dedicated, Am i Wrong Here?

I'd love to hear from someone who actually uses a Studio Black with Win7 64Bit and can confirm it's working correctly
:)

CharlesRandolph wrote:
OL303 wrote:I bought the MPC software stand alone it works fine , now i need a controller, so i guessed the MPC studio Black should be the right choice.

Thanks

For that price range, I would suggest you can get the MPC Touch. It's basically everything the MPC LIVE is without being a standalone device. Search ebay and you can find them for a really good price.
By v00d00ppl Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:27 pm
I just upgraded from an MPD232 running mpc2.2 to a studio black. Wow I should of done this sooner than later. Works well with high sierra on my 2014 MBP. I’m a tactile memory person so the studio will fit my Elektron / Mpc rig because I am able to remember the buttons in low light. It’s cool how I bought my studio used and akai let me have 2.0 with the soundbanks for free.

This feels like my 2000xl all over again. :worthy: