Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By monkiusz Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 pm
Hello. Anyone here uses this combo? I'm wondering how to setup it with MPC Software 2.X. What to set in preferences of MPC Software and how to operate mixer + plugins with my new keyboard. Also - how to configure Automap.
By monkiusz Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:51 pm
Ok so looks like Automap is useless for us with MPC Software. Also - midi learn function sucks a little because you can't set faders on controller to work with your mixer in GLOBAL midi learn settings but just in PROJECT one. Hope they will fix that.
By SHARP. Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:41 am
I use MPC Studio with IMPULSE49.
If I understand what you are trying to do... You would have to open up the MPC in a DAW such as ProTools and then you would have the control functions of the IMPULSE49 (mixer faders ect) in control of the DAW while using the MPC as a plugin.
Sounds a bit complicated but when using the MPC software alone, the IMPULSE49 basically just serves as a midi keyboard.
By monkiusz Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 am
SHARP. wrote:I use MPC Studio with IMPULSE49.
If I understand what you are trying to do... You would have to open up the MPC in a DAW such as ProTools and then you would have the control functions of the IMPULSE49 (mixer faders ect) in control of the DAW while using the MPC as a plugin.
Sounds a bit complicated but when using the MPC software alone, the IMPULSE49 basically just serves as a midi keyboard.

Nope, it's not what I'm trying to achieve. I'm using MPC Software as my DAW, not a plugin. And there is a missing function right now in MPC Software - you can't set your faders to work in MIDI LEARN mode in your GLOBAL setting. You could make them work just in PROJECT setting. So you need to keep template for that or you need to "learn" your faders for each project when you make new one. Hope Akai will fix that.