Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Matth Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:36 pm
Hi i am considering getting a used mpc renaissance and i am wondering if i can use it without a computer. I would like to attach a usb disk drive suitable for burning. Am i able to burn mixdowns to cd and if not can i transfer mixed down files to a disk in this usb diskdrive in standalone mode? Also if i buy this used mpc will previous software registrations by the previous owner effect my usage and registering of the software? And my last question is how long of a vocal track can i record into this device? Can i record full length vocals? Thanks
By twist1ne Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:21 pm
It sounds like you might be better off with a different tool or even a multi-track recorder. I can't answer all of your questions (the license/registration stuff) but I can tell you that the Ren needs a computer to function, so you will not be doing much of anything without one, if that's your goal. No record or playback without a computer.