Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Matth Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:42 pm
Hi i am considering getting a used mpc renaissance and i am wondering if i can use it without a computer. I would like to attach a usb disk drive suitable for burning. Am i able to burn mixdowns to cd and if not can i transfer mixed down files to a disk in this usb diskdrive in standalone mode? Also if i buy this used mpc will previous software registrations by the previous owner effect my usage and registering of the software? And my last question is how long of a vocal track can i record into this device? Can i record full length vocals? Thanks
By monkiusz Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:37 pm
Matth wrote:Hi i am considering getting a used mpc renaissance and i am wondering if i can use it without a computer. I would like to attach a usb disk drive suitable for burning. Am i able to burn mixdowns to cd and if not can i transfer mixed down files to a disk in this usb diskdrive in standalone mode? Also if i buy this used mpc will previous software registrations by the previous owner effect my usage and registering of the software? And my last question is how long of a vocal track can i record into this device? Can i record full length vocals? Thanks

You can't, you need computer, it's not standalone device. If you want standalone with option to burn cd's get Roland's MV8800. But it's little outdated unit right now. Better to have computer for that + newer controller / standalone gear.