Support and chat about Akai's range of MIDI controllers, including the MPD. MPK and LPD
By Menco Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:37 pm
Despite all the complaining about most of the products released by Akai last couple of years, I haven't heard too many bad words about the MPK series.

The 12 pads withheld me too when I wanted to buy one a couple of years. I know the MPK49 max was selected as the best midi keyboard by music radar, So I guess it's quite a safe bet.
By distortedtekno Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:16 pm
I've been considering the MAX49 since it was released, and I'm glad that there's been no issues reported with it that I'm aware of. I've seen a lot of people talking about the keys breaking on the MPK49 (first generation). Hopefully that problem no longer exists. I'll be waiting a few months down the road to check out the reviews. I also decided to consider buying Logic Pro X. So if all goes well, the MPK249 will be sitting on my desk in the near future. :)
By distortedtekno Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:13 pm
Thanks for sharing. I just saw one at guitar center today. The build quality is good. But the pads are smaller than I thought they'd be.
By distortedtekno Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:32 pm
I'm glad they're working for you. The size might be less of an issue, as long as the response is on point. Judging from build quality compared to the original, I might actually be happy with this controller. I really need a better controller for Reason. So I'm taking my time weighing all the pros and cons on everything available.