Support and chat about Akai's range of MIDI controllers, including the MPD. MPK and LPD
By bliprock Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:55 am
Arturia have grabbed my attention with this so I have to share. I usually an not too fussed by their stuff, but now i am the opposite and am loving this.
I have been looking for a reasonable controller but for me it has to be stand alone and there is not many to choose from really and this is way cheaper than most others out there. And the added sequencer is even better and lots of fun to. here is the vid
By bliprock Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:02 am
screen would make it cost heaps more, and no point for people like me that it is kinda aimed at, more modular and synth based, not DAW. So in this sense screen is kinda missing the point. You just set it up on screen and remember what controls what. Does scenes.

midi in is pointless to imo as its a controller, so it is all about midi out not midi in, through would be more useful.

:roll: power source, what are you on?

and set pads to what ? you can set them and save scenes so you can set different controller sets at a press of a button, well shift + pad. So I have no idea what your on about. This is not really a DAW controller like all the others, more stand alone setups I think, but of course you can use it for a DAW.
By TYPO Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:07 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:MIDI in would be useful if you wanted to sync it to something like an MPC or other drum machine.
Power source would be a AC-USB power supply/charger.

Thank you

bliprock wrote:what are you on?
:Sigh:
By bliprock Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:08 am
what? midi in, why?
its a controller
why do you want midi in? Like I said a thru would be better use. There is nothing to control in the beat step with midi, it can only pass it if it had the midi in.
By bliprock Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:42 am
yeah but a pretty simple one, its not gonna replace any MPC or DAW that is for sure. And as it is very simple, it kinda precludes an external controller. It does not have many parameters. I see what ya saying now though.

meh. no loss, and it would up the cost to. Soon cheap, I do not think there is anything controller wise this cheap. If there is I wanna know about it.