Support and chat about Akai's range of MIDI controllers, including the MPD. MPK and LPD
By chemocat Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:33 am
Hey,
Recently bought an MPK mini mkII and I cannot get the MPC software to work properly with it.

The MPK is recognised by my laptop (sony vaio w/ Win7 64-bit) as I can see it in the device manager.
The problem is whenever I boot the MPC software it tells me to unlock my hardware and that I need to plug the device in to do so. Well my mpk is already plugged in and recognised by the computer but not the MPC software. It says I can unlock with a code from the akai website but the the button to do this is grey out?

So it just runs in demo mode. However when I hit the pads on the MPK they do light up on screen implying that the connection is fine?

I've seen posts concerning this problem and one solution was to reserialise the hardware. This sounds kinda drastic though!
By SimonInAustralia Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:41 am
It does not come with a license/authorisations for MPC Software, only the light version of it, which is MPC Elements.

To authorise MPC Software, you need to have an MPC Renaissance or MPC Studio connected.

Try MPC Elements instead.
By SimonInAustralia Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:00 am
It works with MPC Essentials, a cut down/single track version of MPC Software.

I think that maybe you need to register your MPK MkII on the Akai website, then maybe MPC Essentials is available to download from your account on there.

It possibly does operate with MPC Software, if you have an MPC Studio or MPC Renaissance to use when authorising the software, but I'm not sure.
By ibleeditout916 Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:13 pm
I have an akai mpk mini2 and i'm pretty sure you just register it and you get the download for MPC essentials online from akai. Problem I'm having is that the software recognizes it with Ableton with the A and B pad banks of 8 pads on the controler I can play a 16 pad rack with Ableton automatically by switching between the bottom and top 2, but when I put it through MPC essentials and I say assign a kick to my lower lefthand pad cuz I think everybody does that, when I hit that pad on the controller it triggers a different pad or sometimes a key somewhere else in the program. I can work with it this way by reconfiguring how I program my pads but you can imagine how annoying that would be.
My question is this how do I get the mpk mini to behave like behaves with Ableton in MPC essentials or at least get it so when I hit a certain pad it triggers that pad in the software(MPC essentials)? By the way does anybody know how to switch between hitting and pad once and it plays as opposed to having it hold it and when you let go it fades out in 2 bars or like how to set it so one pad cuts off another and how to make it so they dont in MPC essentials or Ableton? Know that was a couple questions but hopefully somebody has had at least some of these problems and knows what to do.