Support and chat about Akai's range of MIDI controllers, including the MPD. MPK and LPD
By triple7 Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 am
Hi, first off presentation. Hi, i'm new here. THought i'd just say this because its a good thing to do. Present myself.

Now my question:

Can anyone lead me to some place somewhere which could shed some light on mapping my mpd 26 on logic pro or garage band?

Been bleeding my fingers over google but seems like this unit is too recent for much perusal. There are loads of articles on the mpd 24 which sound similar (oh btw, i'm totally blind)

So yea, i'm serious on getting my beats on with the unit and wanted to know if someone could give me a pointer to some docs or even straight to the cookie jar with a mapping tutorial for logic pro or GB

Thanks in advance for anything

Yuma DX®
By Clint Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:28 pm
You will need to decide which instruments in Logic you want to map the pads to.

Most instruments wills be able to utilise a simple 'CHROMATIC' mapping set-up so you play the pads in note/ pitch sequence like the notes on a keyboard. Otherwise you will have to set up custom mapping templates to suit your specific needs.

The Ultrabeat drum machine in Logic also works on the basis of chromatic mapping.

I can only suggest the instructions on how to map the MPD pads were supplied along with the unit, but they should be all over YouTube and Google.

You'll probably need someone to help you with this as it can be quite a fiddly process.