Support and chat about Akai's range of MIDI controllers, including the MPD. MPK and LPD
By tonetonetone Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:20 pm
Hello,

I really need your help about a specific problem I have since a few weeks now.
I have a MPD32 and I also own a APC40 and I use both of them with Ableton Live 9.

I would like to use the transport buttons of my MPD for specific things. I want to affect the MPD's Record Button to the "session record" button in Ableton live (and not the Arrangement Record button which one is set by default). I saw that it was possible to change the type of the transports button (MMC, MIDI/MMC, MIDI, CTRL) and i already tried all of these to set my record button.

in CTRL mode, everything's work fine in ableton live but when i affect the record button to the "session record" button, it only launch record but when I press it again to stop the record, nothing's happening and it keeps on recording... I tried to modify the buttons behaviour with Vyzex and i'm looking for a solution since 2 weeks now.

A weird point is that when i affect the "session record" to the record button of my APC, it works perfectly ! I can record, and then i press the record button again and it just stops. But the point is that i really want his fonctionnality on my MPD's rec button.

I really need your help for this...