Support and chat about Akai's range of MIDI controllers, including the MPD. MPK and LPD
By LamptonWorm Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:30 am
Hi,

I have an MPD18 and recently fitted the thick pads from mpcstuff. In general the pads are super sensitive and much better than the stock MPD18 pads for my purposes.

However when the case is screwed back on, a couple of the top pads get 'stuck' and the unit is also sensitive, if you put down or knock the unit notes are triggered. But the main problem are the top pads, i.e. they transmit a note on but then no further hits do anything.

It is basically the case pressing down too much for some reason at the top, so I have loosened some of the screws on the case and got the balance 'about right' for a practice session, but leave it a day and it needs a little tweak again. I don't really want to be faffing with the screws each day.

I just wondered if anyone else had this issue and came up with some ways to solve it. Next step is add some tape around the bottom lip of the case to raise the case up every so slightly. With the top of the case off everything works as expected btw, so the pads/triggers/software/cables are all ok.

Cheers,
LW.