Support and chat about Akai's range of MIDI controllers, including the MPD. MPK and LPD
By aaber Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:47 pm
Hola!
As the name says I'm stucked choosing between these gears MPD-232 and MPD-32 Upgraded... So what do you think? MPD-232 have better quality. Better faders, knobs, pads... And it also have a sequencer onboard... On the other side MPD-32 with thick pads and corx sounds like something satisfying... Let me know your thoughts? Cheers
By GotHemi Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:30 am
I can't speak on the 232, but I've used the MPD32 with fat pads & the corx upgrade.

I only use the fat pads now, because the corx were extremely stiff on my fingers & I hated drumming on them.

the knobs & faders on the MPD aren't bad & it gets the job done for playing chops & drums. They can be had for way cheaper than the 232 because of age difference.
By groovemonger Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:16 pm
I do a lot of drum parts with my MPD32 and the fat pads have great feel. The MPD232 pads are better than the MPD32 in standard form but not a patch on the fat pads. If you want more of a general control surface the new features of the 232 are great, as something to finger drum on the fat pads have it.