Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By th@ n!?htcrawler Mon May 21, 2018 11:31 pm
I'm using 2500 with XLCD running mostly V1.81, sometimes load up newest version to play with swing settings in pattern mode. I've been an mpc user since the 2000xl days and always wondered why it was not possible to trigger samples in Song Mode. Song Mode just plays back a list of sequences and you can trigger samples while playing back a sequence in Main Screen, so it doesn't seem like it would be impossible to do. This would be great for live use. You can already use cursor buttons as cue buttons in Song playback mode. It would be cool if you could set 4-6 sequences as dedicated cue points. A full screen or partial screen Pad Status Display would be very useful. The ability to access Note Repeat and utilize effects, in this mode, would be useful as well. This would also save on available RAM, if you wanted to incorporate a backing track in a live performance, instead of playing back, say a 4 minute audio track you would just be playing back sequences. The machine was designed to create songs by playing back strings of sequences, this feature would seem a natural evolution, bridging the gap between midi sequencer and live instrument.
By th@ n!?htcrawler Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:54 am
Thought of an obvious workaround, wish someone would've pointed it out. What made me think of it are the MPC DEMO disks, the songs are single sequences, for example 56 bars long. With the convert song to sequence function in SONG MODE, this should be easy. You can then play a backing track or song from MAIN screen and trigger live samples. Plan to test this out and see how it works in a live context. Only issue I for see is playing a long set, youd need someting to playback while the mpc is loading programs. Now, if we could just get the new the new PATTERN MODE in V 1.81. I know it has been stated there are no updates planned for 1.81 but, I wish they would reconsider, its a great OS, in my opinion, great for live use. Oh, and flash screen view in test mode (I submitted request). And there are still a few bugs in 1.81 that could be fixed. Please?