Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By innovine Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:48 pm
On the main screen, for an audio track, at the bottom there is a little indicator called BAR with a number under it. This number does not change when pressing the Bar <- -> buttons, and I think it should. The main position cursor moves, so why not this little thing?

I imagine working like this: Put the focus on the Sample field, and then step through my song with the bar buttons, rotating the jog wheel to set the sample to be used at that particular bar.
By m:t:c Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:34 pm
Don't think that this is a bug per se, just a different way to access your samples on audio track on assigned bars. Feature perhaps? Bar-buttons are usually disconnected of anything else than just to move time in sequence.

The small number icon just shows what is the starting bar for that specific sample.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/audiotrack.htm
By innovine Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:14 pm
If it is a feature, can you give a practical example of how it is useful to seperate the BARS value from the current song position? If I manually change the BARS value, the song position moves too, so some interconnectedness is intended.
By le rat Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:40 am
In the first versions of the audiotrack feature you could only use one sample for one audiotrack and you had to start recording from the beginning.

So the actual state shows how it has slowly evolved. A bar number indicator so you can start from another point than the beginning of the sequence, and a sample selection window if you want more than one sample in an audiotrack.

PEace
By innovine Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:17 am
le rat wrote:A bar number indicator so you can start from another point than the beginning of the sequence,

The current position pointer already does this job. If I move the cursor to the current position field (over the track number) and use the job wheel, or use the bars buttons to change current position, I should then be able to move to the sample field and choose the sample for that time position. The Bars indicator does not add anything useful that I can see, in fact, it's adding extra steps to the workflow. As I need to go left and right between bars and sample field all the time.

Since changing the bars value changes the current position, I still say it is a bug that changing the position does not change the bars value.
By le rat Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:02 am
Imagine you have a 4 bar looping sequence with a 4 bar audiotrack starting at the first bar. If there was a relationship between the STEP button and the bar indicator (which is the recording starting point for audiotracks in fact) it would be a mess when playing the sequence. If you'd press a step button it would change the bar indicator then switching to something with probably nothing in the sample field.

Unfortunately, audiotracks have always been a topic of controversy. No perfect solution and things are always moving slowly.
By evil A Sulli Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:31 am
innovine wrote:
le rat wrote:A bar number indicator so you can start from another point than the beginning of the sequence,

The current position pointer already does this job. If I move the cursor to the current position field (over the track number) and use the job wheel, or use the bars buttons to change current position, I should then be able to move to the sample field and choose the sample for that time position. The Bars indicator does not add anything useful that I can see, in fact, it's adding extra steps to the workflow. As I need to go left and right between bars and sample field all the time.

Since changing the bars value changes the current position, I still say it is a bug that changing the position does not change the bars value.

You raise a good point. You should be able to increment the bar number by pressing the left or right bar arrows and see the value under "Bar" go up or down.

I think this a request not a bug. A title change would be nice.