Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By B.A. Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:00 am
OS 2XL 3.13 mpc2500

Bug - mpc reboots when using MODE + PAD

This is what I did

1. Opened up a beat project file that was originally created and saved on 3.11, it included samples, a couple of regular programs with a few samples in them and a few packed programs with a lot of samples in them.

2. I unpacked and assigned a couple of samples to one of the regular programs and then repacked the programs.

3. I adjusted a few of the sample's level and stereo/mono in the regular program.

4. Deleted all packed programs except for one (deleted a total of 7 packs)

5. Pressed MODE + PAD 3 to save project but mpc rebooted by itself before it got to save screen.

When I press MODE and any of the pad functions to SAVE, TRACK MIXER, PROGRAM etc. my mpc will turn off and turn back on like when you press power button off and on. This only happens with MODE + pads. When mpc reboots, without loading a project (only thing that loads is a template that autoloads) I try and access PROGRAM or TRACK MIXER, etc. and mpc reboots again. I've installed the 3.13 three times after the first time this happened (and yes, I installed it right and followed directions) and everything is ok at first, I can go into LOAD, SAVE, PROGRAM, ect. with no problem but when I follow the steps as I mentioned above and then try to access SAVE it reboots again, then when I try to access the MODE functions it reboots almost every time I press MODE + any of the pads (I noticed it happens more with MODE + PAD 7 and MODE + PAD 4. If re-install OS everything is ok again until I follow the steps above.
By B.A. Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:26 am
ok, so I just re-installed v3.13 and everything was ok, I went into every MODE + PAD screen and everything worked (the only thing I did was wait for mpc to reboot after install and then I checked the different screens). BUT then I deleted a pack (I have a few packs that autoload) and when I pressed MODE + PAD 3 to go into the save screen it rebooted again! This has to be a bug having to do with deleting packs then saving in v3.13, I don't remember this happening in other os versions.
By B.A. Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:28 am
le rat wrote:If you reinstall os-xl3.11 everything works fine?

I just re-installed 2xl v3.11, I'm about to find out...
By B.A. Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:34 am
B.A. wrote:
le rat wrote:If you reinstall os-xl3.11 everything works fine?

I just re-installed 2xl v3.11, I'm about to find out...

I just deleted the same pack that I deleted just a bit ago when it rebooted the last time and I was able to go into all MODE + PAD screens. I just deleted the rest of the packs that autoload and was still able to go into all the different MODE screens. I never downloaded or installed 3.12 so I don't know if this bug was already there or not but it is definitely in 3.13 and not in 3.11!
By B.A. Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:50 am
le rat wrote:wow that needs to be fixed quickly then.

I just hit up JJ, hopefully he'll fix it a.s.a.p.