Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By bliprock Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:53 am
innovine wrote:I do the same as astronaut: record myself jamming on a guitar into the MPC, and I am looking for a quick way to arrange and rearrange the best parts. Unfortunately it totally sucks at the moment since there isn't a way t do this (and I don't count bliprocks workaround as a reasonable solution).

Bliprock, the tempo drift issues you are describing are due to the way YOU are using the audio tracks, and doesn't affect other people with other workflows. If you don't see the need for cutting, copying, splitting and pasting audio in bar or beat related sizes, then you don't need to contribute to the request thread. At the moment, you are just ranting about one particular way of doing things, which is hijacking the thread.

And I already requested punch-in and -out recording..

Are you serious? You are making me laugh so hard. So every song ever made is perfectly in time is it ?? saying yes would make you look ignorant. Thats why what you say is no correct at all. Have you ever tempo mapped anything in your life ??
Go on, go tempo map a song, even kraftwerk songs have changes in tempo, subtle they are, but they are there. makes a difference over time.... I am not going to explain it to you again as your mind is closed to proper argument or the facts. I think I might go out on a limb here and say that I sure as hell know how to use Audio tracks a damn sight better than you do. Otherwise you would stop your complaining and cut up bars instead. I think its pretty obvious who has got a handle on the audio tracks thing 8) just saying since you brought it up
O if you did not notice this is a FORUM. shall i explain to you what that means? My method was very pertinent to the thread, and if you think not then give me your supposition please.
See I am being reasonable and actually am very open to other view points and methodologies, but not will not be told what i can and cant say, so deal with it. Your look foolish saying things like you did. be aware I do not tolerate ignorance very well. I would so love to know what about my methodology dosnt work by the way? I mean i can cut perfect bars and you struggle so please enlighten me. that would be a better idea that telling me to shut up, at least more constructive and more mature. Yeah i am laughing heaps, I had no intention of getting you back up man, chillax, but since you want to have a go at me after i try to help and have a discussion about this then great. see where it gets you, just makes you look stupid and whiney IMO. ya know?

EDIT: I just remembered I did not say that you have to look at the bigger picture. I think DAW instead. But do understand that its easy and fun and portable. OK and I do not say dont do it this way as it works for you. It wont work for most songs, understand? only stuff perfectly in time, which is hardly anything band wise, only stuff you play along with though, so to you its seems all dandy and cant understand what I am talking about.
By bliprock Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:14 am
B.A. wrote:
astronaut wrote:@B.A.

Ya, we are trying to do extracting but in an audio track without having to go to trim mode. TRIM mode uses some weird units (samples?), not bars/steps.

Ok, I see what's up now, my bad. In that case, adding an option in TRIM mode that shows how long a chop is in bars/steps would also be useful in addition to the feature that you guys are suggesting for audio tracks, I mean all the other functions to extract, discard, add silence are already there, the only thing missing is the option to work in bars/steps instead of samples.

yeah same thing different window. What about changes in tempo?? at least in audio track you can match tempo with sequencer tempo changes added.
By innovine Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:39 am
Dude, changes of tempo within the audio you are editing is irrelevant. We are discussing the properties and features of the audio editor, not the audio being edited. A sample is a sample and the request is to be able to split the samples in two. That is all.
By wolfgang Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:07 am
astronaut wrote:
innovine wrote:It would be great to have a way to cut, copy and paste bar-length pieces of audio in audio tracks.

+1

This has been requested many times.

I would also like to have the ability to adjust the selection in step increments (not only bar length).

+a bazillion or so, to both.