Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Sooty_G Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:16 am
currently, in the OS 2XL MAIN screen we have a feature called F1MODE (SHIFT + F4) that allows the user to set what they want the F1 key to be ( either LOOP or T.C ).

REQUEST: allow both the F1 & the F2 keys (and maybe even ALL the MAIN screen function keys?!) to be customized this way, with more possible options.

some options would be:
LOOP
TIME CORRECT
CLICK
VIEW (to go to the 5 TRACK view)
P.STATS (to go to the PAD STATUS view)
P.SHIFT (to go to the PITCH SHIFT screen)
InTHRU ( to go to the INPUT screen)
PATTERN (to go to the PATTERN screen)
NEXTPAT (to go to the NEXT PATTERN screen)
PATBANK (to go to the PATTERN BANK screen)
ToPATRN (to go to the CONVERT TRACK TO PATTERN screen)

currently, most of these functions are hidden behind multiple key presses (using SHIFT or MODE). some of these functions are very useful and frequently used, so it would make sense to have a quick way to jump to them from the MAIN screen.

these settings could be set in a new screen: MODE + PAD 10 (OTHER) -> F6 (Fun.Key) and the MPC would remember your settings when you start up.
By evil A Sulli Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:41 pm
I like this request but if you notice how you need a function key to scroll may become an issue--you need 1 f key to scroll another function key.

So what I was brainstorming was while holding shift and pressing a function key you could select a function for that key by scrolling through a list of options.

For example holding shift pressing pressing F1 will change the name and function for F1. Press it again and it changes again.

Now pressing shift once will change and hold (on its own) all function keys to the secondary function keys--it behaves like the mode key without the blinking light.

This will make shift act like a function Key option select.
By Sooty_G Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:42 pm
evil A Sulli wrote:I like this request but if you notice how you need a function key to scroll may become an issue--you need 1 f key to scroll another function key

i'm not sure what you are talking about here. can you be more specific?
my request applies ONLY to the MAIN screen.

For example holding shift pressing F1 will change the name and function for F1. Press it again and it changes again.

Now pressing shift once will change and hold (on its own) all function keys to the secondary function keys--it behaves like the mode key without the blinking light.

this is super confusing. it also defeats the purpose of my request, which is to eliminate combo key presses and get direct 1-touch access to your favorite features (the ones you CAN'T currently assign to the NUMERIC key or MAIN key) directly from the MAIN screen.
By evil A Sulli Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:24 am
Sooty_G wrote:
evil A Sulli wrote:I like this request but if you notice how you need a function key to scroll may become an issue--you need 1 f key to scroll another function key

i'm not sure what you are talking about here. can you be more specific?
my request applies ONLY to the MAIN screen.

The way it works now is when you press and hold shift then press F4(FIMODE) you will see the F1 key select different names. Now if you want the F2 key to work the same you could have the F2 key scroll but you have no space to put the key that will do the scrolling--the F2MODE key. In essence not enough space on the function keys.

My suggestion that is (I agree) a little confusing was to get what you requested to somewhat work. Pressing shift can toggle the two different sets of functions.It will stay on the one you want to keep active.

While holding shift down on the secondary or main function screen and pressing lets say view, will toggle the function of your choice.
By Sooty_G Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:17 am
evil A Sulli wrote:The way it works now is when you press and hold shift then press F4(FIMODE) you will see the F1 key select different names. Now if you want the F2 key to work the same you could have the F2 key scroll but you have no space to put the key that will do the scrolling--the F2MODE key. In essence not enough space on the function keys.

this is why i requested a whole new screen be added: MODE + PAD 10 (OTHER) -> F6 (Fun.Key).

this is where you would be able to set all 6 MAIN screen function keys. there would be 6 rows, 1 for each function key. you go down the list to the ones you want to customize and then rotate the data wheel to select what option each one will be. once you're done you go back to the MAIN screen and they're all set up. reboot the MPC and all your settings will be remembered. if JJ does this then there is no need for any 'MODE' keys in the MAIN screen anymore.

i think the way JJ has it set up now with the SHIFT + F4 key toggling thru the options is confusing. plus it would be a tedious way to set the options when you have a list of 12 or more to choose from as i am requesting. better to just make a whole new screen to set it up and then leave it. once you have it set up how you like it you're not going to need to be going back and changing them again on the fly.