Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By jimmie Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm
Highlight a section of a sample in TRIM and then cut or copy. That can be saved in a RAM clipboard. Then, be able to move into any sample in TRIM and paste that section of audio.

I have always found it very odd that such an ideally-suited feature does not exist on the mpc.

Sure, there is COMBINE A+B, but it is sooo long-winded and is always hit and miss (e.g. First make the samples you want to combine into the exact length, then EDIT:Combine A+B, EDIT:Delete bits, EDIT:Reverse sections in order to shuffle bits around (e.g. move the last hit to the front of the sample)). Just gimmie cut, copy, paste already, lol.

Look, I don't mind putting a bit of effort into doing things, but Cut, Copy, Paste is a no-brainer.
By bliprock Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:21 pm
errr, have you noticed extract at all? thats your cut, and yes its a bit of work, but i do not know of many hardware samplers that have this feature. Sure its on every computer, but MPC is not really a computer, even though technically speaking it is of course a computer, its just a function not common in hardware samplers. I gather you have used a lot of software asking for this function, and that is why it seems strange to you it is not there. For some one like me, that has always used hardware samplers, then i think it is strange you ask for it. I can not see it being implemented, i mean I would not hold my breath anyways, but you never know. Just wanted to give you a different perspective and let you know its not as a common feature in hardware samplers.
By sally Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:08 pm
jimmie wrote:Highlight a section of a sample in TRIM and then cut or copy. That can be saved in a RAM clipboard. Then, be able to move into any sample in TRIM and paste that section of audio.

I have always found it very odd that such an ideally-suited feature does not exist on the mpc.

Sure, there is COMBINE A+B, but it is sooo long-winded and is always hit and miss (e.g. First make the samples you want to combine into the exact length, then EDIT:Combine A+B, EDIT:Delete bits, EDIT:Reverse sections in order to shuffle bits around (e.g. move the last hit to the front of the sample)). Just gimmie cut, copy, paste already, lol.

Look, I don't mind putting a bit of effort into doing things, but Cut, Copy, Paste is a no-brainer.

+1 jimmie!!!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=145334&p=1353974&hilit=+cut+paste+copy#p1353974
too. :wink: