Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By astronaut Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:59 pm
request: pressing the shift key and then a cursor key will move the cursor to the right/left/top/bottom end of the display in main mode, e.g. if you press shift and then the left cursor key, the cursor will jump to the BPM field.
By astronaut Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:10 pm
second part:

I'd like to be able to use the pads to move the cursor to different fields in the main screen, I really don't like having to push the cursor buttons all the time. Or maybe the data wheel could be used together with a key/foot switch press to move the cursor.

p.s. I often need to move the cursor from the BPM to track to midi channel out field, back and forth, this requires a lot of button pushing, maybe you guys know of a way to do this fast?
By bliprock Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:07 pm
you can change tracks holding mode and turning data wheel, saves you going into track part of main window. thats really handy and you should use it to change tracks instead of moving cursor to it. instant track selection that way or switch track in active track mode in mute track window. that and tap tempo works for me. I also find it you do it a certain way it can be easy to do multiple tracks midi settings in a row.
This is what I do - First i am playing sequence in loop as I build it. Then highlight MIDI channel on the main screen then as i said you can choose track by using mode and data wheel at the same time, use this to go to track 2, then go into grid, hit left and make track MIDI instead of drum then back to main screen and cursor should still be in MIDI field, so set channel. repeat this again and again. As you bounce between screens you can choose midi out channel of each track as you add track after track of midi easily and quickly. I could probably set up 16 tracks in a minute easy. and means i do not have to jump round the main screen at all. i like the idea though
By astronaut Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:09 pm
I changed the name of the topic to: [request] Shift+Cursor key (jump) in ALL views.

you can change tracks holding mode and turning data wheel, saves you going into track part of main window.

I do use this method quite often.

---

In PROGRAM mode when you press shift+cursor-up the cursor jumps to the top (PROG name field). Why not use the same logic for the other cursor buttons? I reckon this should not be hard for JJ to implement.