Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By astronaut Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:33 pm
request:

addition of sequence 1,2,3,etc.... to the button tab in MIDI/SYNC mode.

Sooty_G wrote:this is a decent request. cosign.

i didn't understand what you meant at first. it's a little easier to understand if you word it as "midi note/CC to SEQ change."
Last edited by astronaut on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
By astronaut Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:37 am
do you mean like pattern to pad??

nope.

I want to change sequences with an external midi controller by using note or CC midi messages.

It can be done by Program Change messages but that means that they will be re-translated through the midi out of the MPC if you have the MIDI setting of a track active.
By bliprock Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:26 pm
I get ya. Yeah I would have said PC to. So you have stuff on the end of the MIDI chain after the MPC and they are getting that PC to right. So you want to not transmit that PC as it will go through to other gear. Hmmmm, yeh and it is that way as you set up midi tracks and do not want to change them, meaning you cant just change MIDI channle, and you do not want to change track. Yeah I had to think about that. good one. Hey I do not use it like that, so please if anyone else does this like Astronaut i would like to here from you. I would have gone maybe for footswitch hahaha. But as I am thinking of getting a certain MIDI controller and putting in a set up like yours, I mean controller to MPC then to other stuff, I am interested in this post. thanks mate
By astronaut Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:25 pm
innovine wrote:You can assign CC msgs to activate a pad. But does this work in the screen where you can select the next sequence by hitting a pad? Sorry but I dont have my mpc on front of me to check.

If you mean when you press NEXT SEQ button then no. I just tried it with a KORG Padkontrol, same note layout as pads A1-A16, it does not switch the sequences.